Saturday 9 June 2007

New PB for Blaydon Race!

My decision to run the Blaydon Race on the back of a hamstring injury was vindicated as I romped home a full 7 minutes quicker than last year. It was good to see so many familiar faces at the start line and, as per usual when I run with some of these guys , that's usually the last I see of them. No sooner had the band stopped playing the Blaydon Races we were on our way in glorious sunshine.


I had a solid start to the run with a 08:42 minute mile. I felt some slight pain in my hamstring at the first climb and I thought a repeat of last Tuesday's run was on the cards. Thankfully, it was a false alarm and the run along Scotswood road was very comfortable. I was very careful on the climbs at the Scotswood Bridge and Blaydon flyover and finished the run at a decent pace. I saw Katy and Jack near the finish line which rounded the event off very nicely indeed. I was amazed at the time as I crossed the finish line. 7 minutes quicker than last year!