Thursday 14 June 2007

Checking the route again!

As well as two 6 mile runs and a good session in the gym, I've spent this week checking the route and it's mileage. This is the fifth time I've undertaken this painstaking exercise. I'm also doing a bit of fine tuning. If there is a more direct or safer route then I'm going to take it. Take a look at the image on the left. This is the elevation profile from day 4 (Evelix to Arudillie). The maximum altitude is a mere 147 ft.

I decided to move 17 of those miles from the coastal A9 to the much quieter B9176. Unfortunately the B9176 seems a tad hilly when you look at the elevation profile on the right. I now have a new altitude of 813 ft with a total net climb of nearly 2000 ft! Mind you the total net descent is greater at 2116. With 20 days of running re-checked already I hope to have the remaining 16 done by the end of the week. I'm using a combination of Autoroute 2007 and www.mapmyrun.com to ensure that the mileage is correct.