Thursday 15 April 2010

Run Geordie Run's T-shirt factory.


The Run Geordie Run t-shirt packing team* have worked tirelessly this week to get all of the t-shirts packaged up ready for posting out. They are about 90% done and the first of many trips to the post office is scheduled for tomorrow.

*The t-shirt team consists of my missus, Katy who puts the address labels on the packets, my 7 year old son Jack who puts together the required number and sizes of t-shirts for each customer and myself who puts the t-shirts in the envelop and ticks them off the very long list of sales!

Jack has hinted at some extra pocket money this week but I'm treating him to the FA Youth Cup semi-final, 2nd leg at St James' Park tomorrow as thanks for all of his hard work. What a lucky lad! I haven't told him that it's only £1 for children to get in. He'd probably push his luck for a comic too if he knew that.

To help save on postage, Katy and I will be hand delivering a few local orders. The ones to the USA and Australia will definitely have to be posted though!

Thanks again to everyone who has bought a Run Geordie Run t-shirt. What a difference you have all made to the charity fund. At the time of writing, £8,653.20 has been raised in aid of St Benedict's Hospice (Charity No 1019410) and The Children's Foundation (Charity No. 1000013). For the benefit of my overseas readers that's 13,388.95 USD. I will get round to thanking everyone who bought a t-shirt this week via email very soon. Also, I've have a few emails from people asking various questions or offering assistance or advice. I will get back to you all asap.

If you would like to order a t-shirt as worn by Newcastle United during the Blackpool pre match warm up, please click here.