Friday 23 April 2010

Charity fund landmark!

Thanks to a surge in t-shirt sales today, the charity fund has burst through the £9,000 barrier and currently sits at £9,103.20. All of a sudden, the sacrifice of quitting my job next year and spending 100 days away from my family is starting to make sense. The sacrifice when compared to the benefit the charities are going to get from these funds is very small indeed in my opinion.

The 3100 mile run starts in just over 12 months time. I really can't begin to imagine what the charity fund will be by then or indeed by the time I reach New York in August 2010.

The generosity of so many people from all over the world never ceases to amaze me. It was the generosity of my colleagues at Northern Rock today that helped move the fund to it's current high level. T-Shirts have been "flying off the shelves" and have now contributed almost £4,000 to the overall total of £9103.20. That's $13,993 USD for the overseas readers!

Once again I must also thank Peter McCowie for paying for the production costs and customplanet.co.uk for making the t-shirts at cost price. In the meantime, if anyone could think of a caption for this photograph please get in touch at sponsorship@rungeordierun.com.


If you would like to order a t-shirt as worn by Coca Cola Championship Champions Newcastle United, please click here.