Thursday 22 April 2010

Another good week for publicity.

This week got off to a great start for Run Geordie Run when I was interviewed by Sky Sports news on Monday. They caught me just before I got on the bus to the Plymouth match. 

I said a few things in the interview, but the bit they broadcast went something like this: "Yes, It's a long way but if we get the 3 points to clinch the title it will be worth it".

I was on local ITV news programme Tyne Tees Tonight at 6pm today. It's a canny little piece and was hopefully seen by thousands of people in the region. It can be viewed online here.

On Wednesday I had a meeting with a company called Superkrush Films. They answered a request, via Twitter, for help in making a 30 second promotional video. This video will be shown to the 900,000 users of TVCatchup.com when they log in. TVCatchup is a brilliant service allowing access to freeview channels in the UK. I use the service regularly on both my iMac and iPhone. They have been incredibly supportive so far and the chance to showcase the run on their site using the talents of Superkrush films is a wonderful opportunity for Run Geordie Run and the 2 charities.



As well as the 30 second promotional video to be shown on TVCatchup, Superkrush will be producing a longer piece for publication elsewhere. I had an initial brainstorming session with them yesterday and I could tell almost immediately that the end product is going to be very exciting indeed. Watch this space over the coming weeks as progress on the video is made.

Both TVCatchup and Superkrush Films have my thanks and are providing all services free of charge. Why not click the logos above to sample TVCatchup for yourself and see how slick the sample videos are on Superkrush's website.