Thursday 15 April 2010

Impossible is nothing!

It gives me great pleasure to announce that sportswear giant Adidas are now supporting Run Geordie Run.Yes, it's true! I couldn't believe it when they approached me either!

Adidas will be supplying various items of kit including the tracksuits, polo shirts, hoodies embroidered with the Run Geordie Run logo that I'll wear for media appearances and travel in the USA next year. They are also supplying base layer tops and shorts and some kit bags. 

Adidas were instrumental in getting the players to warm up in Run Geordie Run t-shirts before the Blackpool match last Saturday. I can't thank them enough for that and over £1200 has been raised so far from the sale of t-shirts this week alone! At the time of writing, the fund stands at £8,643.20. An application has been made to The Northern Rock Foundation to match £1000 of this week's t-shirt sales. Fingers crossed that the the charity fund will creep over £10,000 very soon.

I'll leave you with a few words from my latest sponsor - "Adidas are sponsoring Mark Allison who is running 3100 miles next year in the USA on behalf of St Benedict's Hospice and The Children's Foundation. We hope Mark proves that "Impossible is nothing". This is an incredible journey  for Mark to take!".