Friday 2 April 2010

The plan for week 74.

It's hard to believe that I've been in training for the 3100 mile run across the USA for the last 74 weeks. Thankfully, I only have another 54 weeks to go!

I've had an easy week 73 following last Saturday's 32 mile run up and down the hills of beautiful Northumberland. Well I say easy! It was a 90 minute personal training session with Mark Fleming. The session itself was far from easy. I was referring to the fact that I've only had one session all week. This has given me a chance to catch up on some route planning and other Run Geordie Run admin. 

Speaking of which, I've had a couple of offers from various people to help out on that front. I'll be passing some tasks over to the helpers over the coming weeks. This will help me concentrate on running, running and more running.

Regular readers will remember that 8 weeks ago I ran 10 miles a day for 7 days. 4 weeks ago I ran 13 miles a day for 7 days. Next week it's time to run 16 miles a day for 7 days. This, of course, is all part of my build up to the typical weekly USA mileage of 32 miles a day. 

The running itself should be pretty straightforward. As ever, trying to balance attending Newcastle matches, family life, work and Run Geordie Run admin is going to be a challenge. It's a nice challenge to have and I won't for one minute complain about it.

Watch this space next week for my progress. It's 112 miles in total over the next 7 days. It will be the longest distance I've ran since John O'Groats to Lands End back in 2007. I'm very much looking forward to it!