Monday 14 May 2007

Just not good enough!

Well I finally did it after all these months. I didn't embark on a training run that I had planned to do. On Sunday I was supposed to run 22 miles in the North Pennines. Instead, I came out with every excuse in the book not to go. I suppose, in the end, the official reason not to go was a "headache".

This shouldn't be the action of someone who actually wants to reach Lands End in 1 piece. This shouldn't be the behaviour of someone who is being backed so many generous sponsors. This is something that only a LOSER would do.

So this is a final warning to myself. No more excuses. No more ducking out of any more planned runs. I'll count this as 1 strike. Another strike and I'll really start to question my attitude. I'll question whether I have what it takes to reach Lands End (or even the Scottish Borders!).

It is time to remember those immortal words - "A winner makes commitment. A loser makes promises". Or something like that!