Monday 20 August 2007

Day 45 - A mention in the match day programme and the Journal.

There was a nice paragraph at the end of the Villa match report in today's Journal.

"Mark Allison, the Newcastle supporter who ran from John O’Groats to Lands End to raise funds for a local hospice, was applauded for his efforts during the interval. Unlike the 37-year-old, United still have a long way to go."

Both the programme and the Journal made me a year older than I was but I'll not quibble too much about that!

The plans for this week are a few short runs and a couple of sessions in the gym. By the time I get back to work next I'll start to get back to the usual quick lunchtime runs and more intense gym sessions. The aim now is to get my weight down to below 14 stone before the Christmas break! That will be a challenge in itself now that I'm allowed to drink beer and eat curries again!

Thanks to todays new sponsors. The current total is £25,350! Pledges will be accepted right up until the cheque is presented to St Benedict's Hospice on September 27th. To add your donation to the fund please click on the justgiving link: