Wednesday 23 June 2010

The Wales Marathon - an outside chance!

Back in March I reported that "I was very flattered this week when I was invited, by the organisers, to take part in the very first Wales Marathon.". 

The Wales Marathon takes place in September and  "the course will start in Tenby and follow the coast road out and turn at Manorbier beach under the castle! Then the course will return via the ridgeway, with stunning views accross the bay, before finally finishing in Tenby's Tudor square.".

Of course, plans for my participation were scuppered when I broke my ankle last month. However, the Grant Edwards Run Geordie Run Plaster Cast is due to be taken off in 12 days time and there is still an outside chance that I could be "some kind of fit" to get round the course in September. I certainly won't be breaking any records!

The great news is that the organisers, Activity Wales, have offered to donate £5 of every entry made on-line using the code "GEORDIE" to The Children's Foundation and St Benedict's Hospice.

The application form is here.  I hope, very much, to see you there in September.