Wednesday 3 March 2010

Back pain no more!

David Fairlamb arranged for me to have a back massage from one of his associates today; John Addison. My back pain had been getting only very slightly better and has been limiting by pace recently. I'm glad to report that the excruciating pain endured during today's massage seems to have done the trick. The real proof of the pudding, however, will be during tomorrow's run when I've got an easy 5 miles to do. I've got a further easy run on Friday and an 11 mile run in the North Pennines on Saturday morning.

Next week is my second so called "Red Week" of the year. This is where I have 7 days of consecutive high mileage.The first Red Week was 4 weeks ago where I ran 10 miles a day for 7 days. Red Weeks occur every 4 weeks with the final one in mid August where I'll be running 32 miles a day for 7 days. 

Next week's Red week is 13 miles per day, starting with an extended Peter's Pies 6 Tyne Bridges Challenge on Sunday. I don't have any school runs to do and will be reducing my hours at work so everything is set up for a successful week.

With further massage from John I should be in much better shape over the coming months. Thanks to David Fairlamb for arranging the sessions with John Addison. Thanks also (I think!!) go to John for donating his time for free and for inflicting so much pain that seems to have cleared up my back problem.