Friday 9 March 2007

A very satisfactory week of training

Having just ran my 39th mile of the week, I've got to say that I'm very pleased with the way my training is going. I think I've missed 1 planned run in the last 3 months. This is a sign that motivation is very high. The reason for this is partly because of the fact that I know what lies ahead in July/August. Also, the encouragement I've had from colleagues at work has played a major part. So thanks to John, Ian, Jimmy, Mike, Malcolm, Steven etc etc for advice, encouragement and for keeping a watchful and critical eye on my food intake. Although, I did manage to sneak a bacon, tomatoe and black pudding sandwich past Ian "the coach" this morning. He soon found out, though, as I forgot to dispose of the "Regent Centre Sandwich Shop" bag and left it lying around on my desk. Doh! Caught red handed!

Tonight's run along the Derwent Walk Path (pictured all thanks to the timer on my camera) was a case of 4 seasons in one day. There was bright sunshine one minute followed by sleet and rain the next. As was the case on Wednesday, I finished this run in darkness. I did notice that the more it got darker, the faster I ran and I followed up Wednesday's 1 hour, 45 minutes, 52 seconds with a very pleasing 1 hour, 46 minutes, 51 seconds.