Thursday 5 July 2007

Meet the support crew (Part 4)

The majority of the support rota will be filled by the motliest of motley crew members - Katy and Jack (aka her who must be obeyed and my boy).

Katy's navigation skills are not as bad as Owen's (See previous post) but are not the best either. She often gets lost while using Sat Nav in the car. For some strange reason she's OK without it! No offence to the other support crew members (Keith, Mark and Owen) but Katy is the only one of them who I'll have to give me a massage. Even if my legs aren't that tired I'll still be asking for one (and a massage! Wahay!).

It's just 48 hours before I set off from John O'Groats and Jack is still convinced he's running it with me. He has broken up from school today and is looking forward to spending the next 3 out of 5 weeks watching me run (so he says).

Having Katy and Jack on the route at the beginning in John O'Groats and at Lands End will be great for morale. This is not only going to be an adventure (of sorts!) for me but also for them too. I can just picture the scene in 30 years time with the grandchildren - "Go on Grandad, tell us about that time you ran from John O'Groats to Lands End with my Dad".

And that's your lot for the support crew. Katy, Jack, Keith, Mark and Owen. World class support and enthusiasm but a bit rubbish at navigation!