Sunday 28 February 2010

An early return to running.

I'm writing this while tucking into porridge with blueberries. Fantastic! Anyway! I haven't ran for over a week due to a pain in my back. I was booked in for a massage on Wednesday to put it right but had to cancel due to a random headache! Strangely enough, a few people I know came down with the same headache symptoms so it must have been some bug or other. I've rearranged the back massage for Wednesday next week. 

In the meantime, however, I'll be back on the streets this morning for the 10.5 mile Peter's Pies 6 Tyne Bridges Challenge. It'll be a case of taking it very steady in order to protect my back. It's important that I get myself fit for next Sunday when I start 7 days of 13 miles per day. This, of course, is part of my gradual build up to 7 days of 32 miles a day by mid August.

For now, though, I turn my immediate attention to getting around the roads and paths of the River Tyne.