Friday 9 April 2021

D-LINE - New Sponsor

You know the drill by now. A successful family run business that shares the same passion, enthusiasm and vision as myself. That ethos can be applied to my next new sponsor without any doubt. It gives me great pleasure to welcome local cable management company D-Line to the generous list of sponsors who will be helping to make Stage X of the run around the world a huge success for St. Benedict's Hospice

I was really surprised to receive a nice email from owner Paul Ruddick yesterday pledging continued support. D-Line are no stranger to Run Geordie Run. In fact, this will be the 3rd campaign that D-Line have been involved in after Stage 4 across Europe in 2016 and Stage 5 from Serbia to Ukraine. It's brilliant to have them on board for Stage X of  the run around the world which will see me run 250 gruelling miles in 5 days around Northumberland. Of course, the run around the world proper will resume when it's safe to do so with Stage 6 from Ukraine, through Russia to Kazakhstan next on the list.

Back to D-Line where their website explains that they are"... a UK company with a global reputation for innovative cable management products. Our range includes the world’s fastest cable trunking systems, as used by trade and consumers, to hide and protect cables in ways that blend with modern surrounds. Market-leading fire-rated Safe-D Clips secure cables, while eliminating the risk of fires causing potentially fatal cable entanglements. D-Line Cable Tidy and Cable Safety solutions include Cable Protectors that address trip hazards, Cable Tidy Units to contain extension sockets and cable clutter, and popular Cable Organisers Cable Organisers for use in homes and workplaces."

I'm a curious old soul and I've been lucky enough to visit the D-Line premises a few times now. It's situated on the Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate. I'm a huge fan of innovation and to say that their products are exactly that is an understatement. The factory setup is impressive but for me, it was the warm and friendly nature of the staff that I met that struck a chord with me. I feel very privileged to have met so many kind people on the journey around the world so far. D-Line have become part of that experience in recent years.

As you can see from the image below, the kit sponsorship "jigsaw" is nearing completion with just 2 or 3 spaces to fill.  D-Line now sit alongside Taylored Fit Physio, Active Edge and Chapman Ventilation with Steven Bell Property Rentals keeping St. Benedict's Hospice company on my left sleeve.


I will announce the next sponsor tomorrow which will complete the lineup on the front and back. There is a very special sponsor to go on the right sleeve above the flag of Northumberland very soon. They are currently undergoing a quite outstanding but very subtle branding change which I know people are going to really love. That will get announced as soon as I get the go-ahead. 

There is still space on the right sleeve for a final sponsor and I'll be doing my best to get that filled next week. 

Thank you again to D-Line and all of the other sponsors who have been incredibly generous this week. I'm looking forward to revealing the current Stage X fundraising total on Sunday so please watch this space. In the meantime, if you'd like to sponsor my 250 mile effort, please visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/rungeordierun