Tuesday 5 July 2011

Day 65 - Best day yet!

In true Forrest Gump style, this run is just like a box of chocolates - "You never know what you're gonna get!". Today's run was the quickest to date. I started quick in 90 degree heat, 65% humidity and never really slowed all day. It was a complete contrast to yesterday. The key to this run is getting the right amount of sleep and that's what I had last night. Unfortunately, the blog is taking a hit as a result but I'll catch up as soon as I can. 

It was great to see the new support team arrive today. Steve Harrison will be here for 2 weeks. Dave Fairlamb and Mark Fleming are here for 5 days and all 3 of them will be running with me at various stages.

Dave and Mark ran the last 4 miles of 35.7 miles with me today. It's great to see familiar, motivational faces and I'm really looking forward to running more miles with them. To date I've ran 1820 miles. I left Kansas today and I'm now in Missouri. Dave and Mark's job is to help me get as close to 2000 miles as they can before they leave.