Wednesday 11 April 2007

Halfway there thanks to readers of nufc.om

I'm very pleased to report that I've passed 50% of my total sponsorship target. As I write this entry in my blog, the fund stands at £2516. This is down to some very generous pledges from the readers of www.nufc.com. Thank you! Thanks must also go to Niall and Biffa, the creators of the site, for the publicity they've granted me.

When I set myself the very ambitious target of raising £5000 for St Benedict's Hospice I knew that It wouldn't be easy. I am now left with trying to raise a further £2500 in the remaining 3 months before I set off from John O'Groats. I remain as confident of being able to achieve that goal as I am of actually finishing this mad run. If I keep up the training and people continue to be generous and supportive then I stand a very good chance.