Monday 20 June 2011

Day 51 - Into Kansas

If the storms headed this way don't cause too much trouble, today will see me running out of Colorado after 16 days and into Kansas.

Today's miles are dedicated to the memory of Anji Riley who I once had the pleasure of meeting during my run from John O'Groats to Lands End. Her Husband Keith made the following dedication:

"A wonderful sunny person, a wife, friend, lover and the centre of our family. Anji had hoped to be a part of the American run but illness and then an untimely death prevented it. She will always be in my thoughts - but especially when I am happy and laughing. Anji was with me for 36 years which was not long enough - but packed more into that time than most people manage in 70."

Anji is one of many people I am running across the USA in memory of. You will see her in this short dedication video.