Friday, 17 June 2011

Day 48 - Thunder and lightning stop play

At mile 15 today the RV just reached me just before the lightning did. I've been indoors ever since waiting for a break in the weather. When I checked the forecast, it appears that it's going to be much the same along the route for the next 10 days. This has led to a change of strategy. The team and I are now preparing the work around the clock if needs be. It may be a case of an hour of running here an hour's sleep there. It all depends on how the storms are.

There is never a dull moment on this tour. I'm secretly relishing this challenge on a stretch of the USA that I've always earmarked as repetitive and mundane. i.e. 1000 miles on the same road.