Thursday 30 June 2011

Day 60 - High temperatures

The temperature is now down to 94 degrees Fahrenheit and it's now 8pm. Once the sun starts to dip below the horizon, within the hour, I'll be able to start running again. Unfortunately, sleeping during the day hasn't been an option as we had to drop Stephen off at his bus stop as he left the Support Team. This involved a 200 mile round journey in the RV. Shelli drove there and I drove back. It's the first time I've driven in 2 months. I'm happy to report that I didn't drive on the left had side of the road!

Things are going to get even more difficult tomorrow with 104 degrees Fahrenheit forecast. The local radio station was full of warnings this afternoon for people to take the necessary precautions. In my case, this is going to involve running for as long as I can into the night on very little sleep. I have no choice on the matter and I'm still hopeful of running out of Kansas on Saturday or Sunday.