Tuesday 22 July 2008

A disappointing response to a massive week of exercise.

Last week I cycled 68 miles, ran 26.2 miles, had 3 spinning and 2 boxercise classes. Within the strategy of "no rest, no recovery", I expected another big week this week.  However, things got off to a poor start on Monday.  Try as I might, I just couldn't get out of bed in time to cycle in to work.  Not only that, but the same thing happened this morning.  What makes matters worse is the fact that the Tour Fund does not get the £20 I would have saved in petrol. 

It's not too late to rescue the week and in the grand scheme of things it's not that important as I did make it to a boxercise class today (and nearly passed out!).  What I am mindful of though, is not letting standards slip.  This time next year I should be running 110 miles a week.  It would be a disaster, then, if I missed a couple of days of running.   I simply must continue the habit of sticking to my training schedule.  I've done really well so far in 2008.  Let's see how I can respond during the remaining 5 days of the week.