Friday 26 July 2024

Beach Bootcamp

Last Saturday morning saw me make a return to David Fairlamb’s Beach Bootcamp at Longsands Beach, Tynemouth. It was a tremendous session held in nice warm conditions. Having had some very warm sessions recently, I handled the heat very well. I’m also making a concerted effort to drink more water which helps. 

It’s good to get acclimatised to the “warm” temperatures. The fact that I’ll be running in 110 - 125 Farenheit this time next year really does put things into perspective though. I’m not worried about what is to come. I’m honestly relishing the challenge while maintaining a healthy amount of respect for the conditions I’ll be facing. 

I was really pleased with the efforts up the ramp at the beach. My fitness appears not to be in too bad a place. That ramp is usually where you get found out. That wasn't the case for me last Saturday. 


Like all of David’s other sessions I do, I left on a high. I really do think that GPs should prescribe exercise (particularly of the beach variety) instead of drugs to people who have depression, anxiety and to those who want to lose some weight.