Monday 20 July 2015

Periscope

You may or may not of heard about a new smartphone app about called Periscope. It's a video streaming app for iPhones and Android devices.

I tested it out for the first time tonight with a short broadcast. I was pleasantly surprised at how many followers I already had (99). Of those, 30 or so tuned in to my very first Periscope broadcast.

Mobile signal permitting, I'm going to look to use Periscope in the build up to and during the run across Europe. Being able to broadcast the start of the run from Lisbon, perhaps a scenic section in the Alps or the dramatic finish in Istanbul is truly a mind blowing thing. It's going to help take people on the journey in real time from the comfort of their smartphone. 



The mock screen shots above are ideas of other uses. Alison Meldrum's treatment at the Cradlewell Clinic, Carlton emptying the RV waste, live coverage of me running and perhaps a special live broadcast of "Ready, Steady, Cook ... with the support team" could feature.

In preparation for these "exciting" broadcasts why not download Periscope for iPhone or Android and follow @rungeordierun. You can also view on PC/iMac here.