Thursday 28 August 2008

9 weeks until training starts!

There are only 9 weeks left before I start training for the next big run.   I have spent the last week putting together a high level training schedule.  Training starts in November with a steady 50 miles a week and builds gradually to 110 miles a week by July 2009.  Thankfully, every 4th week sees the mileage reduce temporarily.  This will be the time when I hit the gym and work on building my legs up. 

Now here's a stat to make you weep!  The total mileage to be done during training (Nov 2008 - May 2011) comes in at 11,800 miles!!!  Add onto that the 3100 miles across the USA and over the next 36 months I will be running just under 15,000 miles. 

Sounds like a great plan when I write or talk about it. Believe you me I can't wait to get on with it! 

I've talked recently about trying to get a coach and mentor (like Mickey was to Rocky!) to assist me and keep me on the straight and narrow.  I don't want to speak too soon but I've got a meeting tomorrow with a very experienced and well respected personal fitness trainer.  If I can get him on board it will not only be a great coup but a superb addition to the USA 2011 team.  Fingers crossed!