Sunday 18 July 2010

Introducing the Paddy Power Bionic Ankle

I said goodbye to the Grant Edwards Run Geordie Run Plaster Cast two weeks ago in Newcastle General Hospital. Since then I've been wearing a "moon boot" now and again and have been able to walk short distances without the aid of crutches.

As soon as Mr Fearon (the surgeon who operated on me) was happy with the new x-rays, I set about looking for a sponsor for my "Bionic Ankle". This was done by an auction via Twitter.

I'm pleased to report that bookmaker Paddy Power had the winning bid and my right ankle (metal pins and all) is now to be known as THE PADDY POWER BIONIC ANKLE. 


News of the Paddy Power Bionic Ankle sponsorship deal was reported in The Journal yesterday. It almost goes without saying that the funds received from Paddy Power are in aid of St Benedict's Hospice and The Children's Foundation. 

Thanks to Paddy Power for their support. Now to work on getting the Paddy Power Bionic Ankle back to full fitness.