Monday 29 March 2021

Beach Bootcamp is back

This Saturday sees the return of David Fairlamb Fitness Beach Bootcamp. It’s always a hugely special thing for me to participate in and I first attended back in 2008 to help build the foundations for the run across the USA. 

One of the most humbling sessions for me was on August 13th 2011 where I was greeted by the participants just days after I finished the 3100 mile trans USA run. It was probably the easiest session that I've ever done. I had a really good excuse to take it easy!


There was a Q&A at the end of the session and by the looks of the photo above I was telling one of many stories that Dave's antics had provided me with. Perhaps it was the one where I admitted stealthily throwing stones in nearby bushes as Dave and I ran along the long roads during his time on the support team in the USA. If this was done around about dusk it didn't half freak him out. "Watch out for coyotes Dave". Oh how we laughed.


Fast forward to the summer of 2020 and Beach Bootcamp really helped me rediscover my love for exercise. It became the focal point for the week and the positive impact it had on my general mood and overall mental health was incredible. I'm generally a very positive and happy fellow anyway and bootcamp elevated that to such a level that I would have been high fiving strangers in the street if it was allowed! 



The Saturday morning Beach Bootcamp sessions have played a huge part in my journey around the world so far. I’m really looking forward to getting back down to business in the sand at Tynemouth among such a friendly and positive group of people. See you at 9am for a socially distanced Beach Bootcamp. Is there a better way to start the weekend? 

More info can be found on Dave's website here.