Monday 2 May 2011

Run Geordie Run American word…….of the day

In an attempt to expand the cultural knowledge of my readers, I've decided to add a new feature to my blog. It's what I like to call "Run Geordie Run American word…….of the day". For your reading pleasure, I will be adding new terms and phrases when I encounter them across the USA.

Today's word is "BADONKADONK". Often seen down the Bigg Market, this is the kind of word that I will never grow tired of saying. The Urban Dictionary describes it as:

"An ‘ebonic’ expression for an extremely curvaceous female behind. Women who possess this feature usually have a small waist that violently explodes into a round and juicy posterior (e.g., 34c, 24, 38). Other characteristics would be moderately wide hips and a large amount of booty cleavage (i.e, depth of butt-crack)."

I personally can't wait to use this word in earnest when I get back to the UK. For example, "Have you seen the Badonkadonks on them there lasses Billy!". Look out for more Run Geordie Run American words of the day coming soon. In the meantime, I would challenge you to use "Badonkadonk" in conversation sometime soon.