Tuesday 3 May 2011

Day 3 - Scorchio!

Day 3 continues to hot up as noon has just passed. The scenery is getting better with every mile I run. I'm now starting to climb into the hills you can see in the distance.


I'm wearing factor 70 sunscreen and a headscarf. No chances are being taken in this climate. The roads are a lot quieter too. I was listening to the Beach Boys on the stretch of road above which was great.


I don't mind admitting I had a few tears after talking to Katy and Jack this morning. It was great to talk to them on Skype which seems to work perfectly. What a great thing technology is!


Jack also writes a blog to keep me informed with what's going on. That really helps morale too. It can be read by clicking here.

Finally, thanks for all of the donations today. I get a lot of motivation from reading the messages that are left with them on the justgiving.com sites.

If you would like to make a donation then any amount, no matter how large or small, would be gratefully received using the following links.

(St Benedict's Hospice)

(The Children's Foundation)