Saturday 19 April 2008

A cold, windy, wet and miserable 7.8 miles.

It was very cold, wet, windy and miserable on Waskerley Way today as I reacquainted myself with the Northern Pennines.  

The last time I was on this route was on day 16 of the Big Run last year.   Thankfully, the shin pain I was experiencing back then is long gone.

The run started off quite slowly and due to the wind (and probably Friday's Prawn Madras!) I never managed to post a sub 10 minute mile with an average 10:36 today.  Oh well.  At least it's a start.   In contrast, I managed an average 09:17 per mile over 8.4 miles last Wednesday in near  perfect running conditions.

I plan to spend the next 9 weekends doing different variations of the Pennine Challenge route.  I do hope that the weather gets better!  As I've said many times, there is no more miserable a place on this planet than Waskerley Way when the weather is bad.