Thursday 14 April 2011

Thank you to Bishop Ian Ramsey School

The staff, pupils and parents at Bishop Ian Ramsey School in Medomsley, County Durham have been very busy raising funds for the 2 charities during the last school term.

A non-uniform day was the first event to be held and raised £168. Next up was a cake and bun stall which raised £110. I was fortunate enough to taste some of the wares. Delicious!

Finally, an Easter Egg raffle was held where parents were asked to donate prizes. A lot of Easter Eggs were donated and I think the pupils stood a more than excellent chance of winning one. This event raised £149.38 giving a grand total raised of £427.38. Brilliant!

I understand that the school are going to track my progress across the USA and I hope to send a thank you message to them from the Rocky Mountains in June. In the meantime, thanks go to Headmaster Mr Boyle, the staff, pupils and parents for a super fundraising effort.