Wednesday 27 April 2011

The Geordie has landed

After a nice relaxing British Airways flight to LA, I'm finally in my hotel room in Huntington Beach at 22:00 local time. By my calculations that's 06:00 BST. It's been a long day! 

Thank you to my Stateside PR lady, Shelli Mayfield for picking me up at the airport. Shelli is going all out to make sure that the run is a success and not only myself but all of the Support Team are taken care of when they get to the USA. As soon as I got off the plane, Shelli handed me a US phone and I was able to make contact with my family back in the UK.

Regular readers may remember that Shelli has volunteered her services and is currently studying for a PR Degreee at North Carolina State University. Her local knowledge and guidance has proved to be invaluable so far. Long may that continue! 

I've said it many, many times and will continue to do so no doubt. Peoples generosity never ceases to amaze me. So thanks to everyone who made a donation today. The current total for the 2 charities is £29,406.37 which is quite fantastic.

I'll sign off now from a canny little hotel in Huntington Beach. Goodnight ya'll…..zzzzzzzz…….

Any donations would be gratefully received using these links.