Thursday 8 January 2009

A new short term challenge. Oh and what a challenge!

Well then! Where do I start with this one? Are you sitting down? Ex pro Boxer and accomplished ultra marathon runner Jackson Williams (pictured) tonight issued a challenge with an invitation to join him on a 125 mile bike ride and 125 mile run.

The mammoth distance from Norwich to London and back will be done over the duration of 48 hours in aid of Sport Relief! The date of the event is 15th and 16th March leaving only 9 weeks to try and get as prepared as I can possibly be for it.

I'll post more details as and when I get them. In the meantime, there is no doubt that this is a massive, massive challenge. If successful, it will certainly accelerate the progress of my USA 2011 training. In the words of Lance Armstrong - "Anything's possible. You can be told you have a 90% chance or a 50% chance or a 1% chance, but you have to believe, and you have to fight.". 

I'll hopefully have a revised training schedule in place by the weekend!