Wednesday 28 January 2009

More brilliant Journal coverage!

There was a smashing article in Monday's Journal covering last Saturday's Beach Bootcamp and steps session. The article entitled "Mark stepping up to conquer American Coast to Coast run" explains "If Rocky Balboa was the Italian Stallion, then Mark Allison has a case for naming himself the Tynemouth Tiger. While the fictional character famously prepared for boxing bouts by scaling the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Mark has been using the Tynemouth equivalent to get in shape for a trek across America.".

I must admit I did have a giggle when I saw the bit about being nicknamed The Tynemouth Tiger! Brilliant! I'm so pleased they picked up on the comparison with the Rocky movies and in particular the run of the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The steps at King Edwards Bay will be featured in Run Geordie Run The Movie, I'm sure, in years to come!

The full article can be read by clicking here. There was also a video to accompany the story which can be viewed by clicking here. Please try not to laugh and do understand that it was cold and I had 3 layers of clothing on! Oh and the camera adds 3 stone etc etc! 

There were quite a few photos taken of the proceedings which can be viewed by clicking here. All you need to do is put "Mark Allison" in the search box and hey presto! With the Priory as the backdrop and the sunrise I must say that they are spectacular. Pity it has me in them!

Anyway, thanks go to the Journal for more brilliant coverage of this crazy adventure.