Monday 12 January 2009

Meeting with the Kit Sponsors tomorrow!

Those canny people at Brooks Sports certainly don't mess about! Tomorrow will see me receive a bundle of training goodies from a Brooks representative. The presentation will be done at Northern Runner in Newcastle at 11:30 with the world's media in attendance. Well ok then, my favourite newspaper; the Newcastle Journal. Watch this space for more details tomorrow. Oh and speaking of the Journal. Have you seen David Fairlamb's fitness guides on the Journal Live website? You can access them here.

I must say that I'm very much looking forward to receiving a brand spanking new pair of Brooks Glycerin trainers. For those not in the know, these are the shoes that I ran from John O'Groats to Lands End in and the ones I use in training for the USA 2011 run. In comfort terms they are like running in a pair of slippers! And believe you me, when you are 600 or so miles into a long tour they are just what you need!