Sunday 13 May 2007

Shoes selected for the big run!

Since January, I've ran 530 miles in my current pair of trainers (Asics Gel Nimbus VIII). So I thought it was time for 2 new pairs of trainers. I should perhaps explain why I need 2 pairs. The first pair will be used for the remainder of my training and roughly 2/5 of the John O'Groats to Lands End run. The second pair will hopefully see me safely the rest of the way to Lands End.

With so much riding on the next set of shoes I decided to give Northern Runner, in Newcastle, a visit. I've bought trainers from here in the past and I sent Ian "The Coach" here a couple of weeks ago so I knew that they would have a good look at my feet and recommend the best shoe for the job. As soon as I tried on the pair of Brooks Glycerin 5 trainers I knew these were the ones for me. A quick run in them at of the back of the shop confirmed this. They felt like a really comfortable pair of slippers. Just what I'll need for the big run! As you can see from the picture, they are really clean at present. It's going to be a shame to have to run round the Town Moor in them tomorrow lunchtime!