Friday 19 August 2011

Thank you Slaley Hall

A huge thank you goes to Slaley Hall for looking after Mrs Run Geordie Run and I this weekend. We had the pleasure of being greeted by MD Sean Boyce this afternoon and we've been made to feel very welcome. Sean is a fellow runner and ran in the London Marathon last year. We had plenty to talk about and he showed a very keen interest in my run across the USA.


Our room here at Slayley Hall is absolutely fantastic and our lunch of Caesar salad (for the purposes of the watching Dave Fairlamb) was very nice indeed. We'll be dining in Duke's Grill tonight where the menu looks amazing. I might even treat myself to the Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake with sour cherries.

Thanks to Catherine Harland, Sean Boyce and De Vere Slaley Hall for helping us wind down after the last few months of hard work in the USA.

As an aside, I hear my personal trainer Mark Fleming is here playing golf today. Coincidence? Or has he heard that I'm fancying trying that Cheesecake?