Tuesday 3 May 2011

Day 3 - Heating up just nicely!


I'm 6 miles into the day and it's starting to heat up again. There is a lovely headwind, though, to keep things bearable. I've still got about 2800 ft to climb and I reckon the scenery from the top of those hills (4000 ft)  in the photo ahead is going to be stunning.

Now that I'm getting away from LA, it's quite interesting to look back in that direction every now and again. There is a constant cloud of smog hanging over the place and the air that I've been breathing can't have been the best quality.

I had a little psychological wobble a few miles back having spoken to Katy and Jack back home. It is really tough being away from them. At the same time, however, it gives be great motivation to know that each step I take is a step closer to them.

The charity fund is doing well and stand at almost £31,000. If you would like to make a donation then any amount, no matter how large or small, would be gratefully received using the following links.

(St Benedict's Hospice)

(The Children's Foundation)