Tuesday 18 January 2011

Coming to America

Yesterday was all about going for a leisurely sightseeing jog around London. Today, however, was all about a crucial bit of red-tape that needed to be tied up before I travel to the USA at the end of April. 

I had an interview for my Visa at the US Embassy this morning. Obviously, travelling under the Visa waiver scheme is no good for me as I intend to be in the USA for more than 90 days. 

I'm pleased to report that I was granted a Visa after a brief interview with one of the US Embassy staff. The first question was "What will you be doing in the USA?". "Well, pet, I'll be running from California to New York in 100 days" was my reply. It was all plain sailing from there and the very nice interviewer wished me "Good luck" before I left.

This is a very important milestone for the Run Geordie Run project. I can now concentrate on booking flights, hotels, RV and the logistics associated with the support team.

With only 102 days before I set off from Huntington Beach, California there is a lot of work to be done behind the scenes. As ever, I'm well up for the challenge.