Friday 20 August 2010

Fund Milestone!

I'm delighted to report another charity fund milestone so soon after the last one!

As I reported earlier this week, I've been trying to get 3000 followers by the end of August on Twitter. The so called "Cash For Followers Coalition"of Digital Spark Ltd, Fix My Alloys and Will Banks (aka @CancerMatters) promised to donate £500 if successful.

Thanks to so many people spreading the word on Twitter, the 3000 follower mark was passed this afternoon. Much to my delight and relief, I must add!

It's such an intricate and widespread web of people and followers, that it's very difficult to pin point all of those helpful folk who have helped with this. It's been one big team effort and both myself and the 2 charities will be eternally grateful.

In all the excitement of reaching 3000 followers I almost forgot to tot up the latest charity total. The latest total is (drum roll........) £14,426.

For my US followers that's 22,409USD. As always, I can't resist converting to Japanese Yen and it's a grand total of 1,921,975JPY. Wow! The fund is almost at 2 million Yen!

Thanks to the "Cash For Followers Coalition"of Digital Spark Ltd, Fix My Alloys and Will Banks (aka @CancerMatters). Thanks also to all of those kind folk who buy t-shirts, CDs, download the Run Geordie Run MP3s from iTunes or make a good old traditional pledge.