Thursday 6 August 2009

Facebook landmark

There have been a few landmark's recently. The fund breaking through £2,500 was the one I reported last week.

I'm now pleased to report another landmark of a slightly different kind. This one is not significant in a financial sense but from an awareness and promotional point of view it very much is. At the time of writing, there are now over 1,000 members in the Run Geordie Run Facebook group. It's great to have this merry band of people on board. Through Facebook, I'm able to send a message to all of them every now and again with information on progress being made in training and such like. It's also great to read the messages of support that are sent and recorded in the group's forum (or "wall" as it's known in Facebook terms). I don't think I've fully realised the potential of Facebook yet, or Twitter for that matter where I also have a presence. Hopefully, this will become more apparent over the coming months. But for now, it's great to have such a large number of supporters.