Tuesday 3 February 2009

The first sponsorship landmark!

Thanks to recent t-shirt sales and a generous pledge from Northern Runner, who are now the main sponsor of this blog, the fund has gone over £2000! Northern Runner will be making a pledge each year up to the run and their support is very much appreciated.

It's brilliant to be writing about a sponsorship landmark so early in the campaign and I'd like to thank all of those people who have bought a t-shirt or made an early pledge. In particular, I'd like to thank Peter McCowie for paying for the t-shirt production costs. This has allowed every penny of t-shirt sales to go to the 2 charities. I'd also like to thank Ivor Potter whose pledge of £1000 in August last year got the fund off to a great start.

Rest assured everybody that I'm working as hard as I possibly can to make the run across the USA in 2011 as big a success as it can be. Believe you me, there is no greater feeling than handing a cheque over to a charity that means so much to me. Both St Benedict's Hospice and The Children's Foundation carry out vital work in our wonderful region. It is your money that will help them continue to do so. Thanks everyone!