Tuesday 3 July 2007

Sponsorship landmark!

Thanks (yet again) to my colleagues at Northern Rock, the fund has now reached 81% of the target and stands at £4050, just short of my £5000 target.

It now feels like there is light at the end of the fund raising tunnel. For the first time I'm left with raising a three figure sum instead of four.

There are just a few days to go before I set off from John O'Groats. I will hopefully exceed the previous best total donated to the Hospice before I set off. That was £4140 back in 2003 where a colleague (John Mallon) and I dressed up as Roman soldiers and ran the 84 mile Hadrian's Wall path over 3 days.

It will also be nice to get near to a grand total raised (since 1993) of £20,000. I couldn't have done any of this without the help of colleagues, friends, family, local businesses and a surprising number of complete strangers who have sponsored me via the Internet and en-route. The generosity of the good folk in this region never ceases to amaze me!