Monday 19 February 2007

The Route (Week 2 of 6)

This week I'm letting you see the route for the 2nd week of the run. The day I'm really dreading is the 19th July. This is the day that I have to climb over Carter Bar (338 miles) in order to reach England. Pictured is the descent from Carter Bar. I'll be pleased to see this sight, I can tell you!

Earlier highlights include the run over the Forth Road Bridge at approximately 270 miles. Incidentally, I've been trying to attract a significant one off sum of sponsorship to run over that bridge naked. There are no takers at present but I'll keep trying. So if any reader has at least £500 to spare, why not pledge it for a good cause with the potential of seeing me arrested in Scotland or at worst totally embarrassed. The bridge is 1006 metres long! I bet it would be the fastest 1006 metres I have ever ran.

Road side support during this week will be supplied by one of my colleagues, Keith. Imagine a Jag driving, train spotting, James May from Top Gear and you've pretty much got the idea of what Keith is like. He usually has many an interesting tale to tell so the crack should be good.